Sunday 6 October 2013

I did not know my driving instructor was a trainee!

I had just finished a very good lesson with a pupil who lives at the Hub in Milton Keynes.  When a woman approached my driving school car and starting asking about lessons, lesson prices and so on.
She said to me  "are you a qualified instructor"?
 Of course I am showing her my green badge on the windscreen.
"Oh, my last instructor had a pink badge".
I told her that your last instructor was a trainee and on a 6 month trainee pink badge.
When I asked about her last instructor she said "she just stopped coming and stopped answering the phone".
I gave her my business card are we talked about lessons.
I wished her good luck with who ever she gets to teach her to drive.

The chance meeting with the woman  got me thinking about when I first started.
As most instructors when you first start you get a pink badge to gain experience.  But I did tell all the pupils who I was teaching that at that time I was a trainee.  That is why I only charged £10 per hour.
After I passed and got my green badge I increased my prices to bring them in line with the lesson prices for Milton Keynes.
I think the saying is  (You pay for what you get).

All instructors are proud of the green badge that is displayed on the front windscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Independent driving on the driving test

The independent driving part of the practical driving test The independent driving part of the practical driving test. Rather than g...